Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Minister and Hymn No.365

A minister was completing a temperance sermon in Jamaica one Sunday. With great emphasis he said, "If i had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said. "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."


And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the white rum and Appleton in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."


With the sermon complete, he sat down feeling good after delivering such an enthusiastic speech on the evils of alcohol. The hymn leader being a lover of his white rum decided to have a little fun. He stood up smiling and nearly laughing, said, "For our closing hymn, let us sing Hymn No.365, 'Shall We Gather at the River'."

1 comment: