Tuesday, May 12, 2009

'Tree (three) likkle Bears: Jamaican version

Baby Bear goes downstairs and sits in his small chair at the table, he looks into his small bowl. It is empty. "Mama, s'maddy [somebody] nyam [ate] me parridge [porridge]!!" he squeaks.

Papa Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair. He looks into his bowl, and it is also empty. "A who eat mi parridge?!!" he roars.

Momma Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells at the top of her voice,

"Ah me get up first and wake up everybody else ina de house. A me mek [make] de tea.

A me wash up di dish dem and put weh everyting.

A me go out inna de cold morning air an fetch de newspaper.

A me set de table. An a me put out de puss, clean de litter box an full de water and food dish.

An now unuh decide fe drag oono sorry bear-ass downstairs and grace mi kitchen wid unuh grumpy self! Well mek mi tell oonu dis once an far all.......... MI NUH MEK DE RASS PARRIDGE YET!!"

1 comment: